6/4/05

Typhoon Dante



To say that traffic in Metro Manila tonight is a nightmare is an understatement. There's flooding, traffic jams and stranded commuters are everywhere. I had to wait two hours before I got a cab to go to work. --- To think I was already having a bad day ---

Around 4 PM I got a text message from my Team Lead informing me that there was a change in our sched and we have to go to work two hours earlier tonight. It has something to do with a change in team groupings or something and we have to fill in for another team. This is something you get for working in a call center and dealing with a terrible resource team. --- they are the people responsible for preparing shift schedules for teams ---

Anyway I tried leaving the house at around 6 PM and guess what it was already 8 when I got a cab? At that time I really wanted to go home and forget about going to work but after talking to my friend over the phone I decided to follow his advice and go to work.

Here's an update on the Typhoon Dante from PAGASA's website.

Issued At: 4:00 p.m., 04 June 2005
Synopsis : At 2 p.m. today, the eye of Typhoon "DANTE" was located based on satellite and surface data at 990 kms east southeast of Central Luzon (15.1°N 131.0°E) with maximum sustained winds of 175 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 210 kph. It is moving northwest at 13 kph. Tail-end of a cold front affecting Northern and Central Luzon. Southwesterly windflow prevailing over the entire archipelago.
Metro Manila: Mostly cloudy with rainshowers and thunderstorms, winds will be light to moderate blowing from the southwest and west, Manila Bay will be slight to moderate, temperature range 26 to 34°C (79 to 93°F).

No comments:

Recent Comments