6/21/05

Events, Fashion, and Talent Management


As I've said in my post Goodbye eTelecare, resigning from my current job was a decision that was so difficult for me to do. There were so many things in my mind that time. What's gonna happen to me? What if I made the wrong move? What if I end up feeling sorry for myself in the end?

So many questions so many fears, but in the end it all sums up to the question "AM I STILL HAPPY?"

Now, looking back at that decision I made, I feel more assured that what I did was the right thing. I can't stay in a job that I don't like. I can't continue fooling myself that things are gonna be better. I know it would sound to mushy but I can't stop fearing for the worst. I got so used to the corporate life after working as a regular employee for so many years. But in life we have to make a decision... something that will change our lives as we know it.

I got a call from a friend the other day who offered me a job as a PR Manager for his new Talent Agency. I thought the idea was great and that I would love to work with my friend and do something that I like doing. The other day while surfing the net at Robinson's Galeria an old friend who owns a modeling agency approached me out of nowhere asking me if I'm still interested to be one of their models / talents. This morning I got a call from a friend who's into events and marketing asking me to head an event scheduled on July and will run until August. Oh I forgot I still have my pending work as a host in this cruise ship bound for Asia.

I guess resigning is the best thing I ever did... and there's no turning back.

I can't stop but smile and look forward to my new life... Wish me luck!

No comments:

Recent Comments