6/12/08

110th Philippine Independence Day

I was on my way home this morning from work and had a hard time getting a ride home when I reached Monumento in Caloocan City. I didn't realize that today is June 12 and that it is Idependence Day. It's sad because there was no celebration or anything special to commemorate this event in the office. They're more focused on Father's Day coming up this June 15th. Not that it's not an important day as well. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I think everyone should celebrate our independence though I must admit that up until now there are still some parts of this country that freedom is still a priced commodity. We may no longer be under foreign rule but the colonial mentality is still strong. Freedom from poverty, freedom to self-expression, freedom from corruption, freedom from human abuse, and the list goes on and on. But hey, it's just me... Happy 110th Independence Day Kababayan!

No comments:

Recent Comments