1/7/05

Y me? Y not? Y Speak!

John LozanoPaolo RebulidaAyan Deato

Got a text message the other day about the search for the next Y Speak correspondent. Paolo Rebullida, John Lozano and myself auditioned for the part and was lucky enough to get in the final screening out of the 500 plus applicants who lined up as early as 8 in the morning at Studio 9 of ABSCBN.

We were given 30 seconds to introduce ourselves and explain why we should be considered for the part.

Paolo (commercial / print ad model), was called first and did a great job introducing himself and explaining why he should be chosen as one of the correspondents of Y Speak then finishing his spiel with "Why me? Why not? Y Speak!"

John (commercial / print ad model / stage actor / host) came in next and started with a very funny introduction. Being so used to the camera (with his previous hosting stint in ABC 5) definitely gave him the advantage and wowed the audience with his charisma.

Then came my time to go infront of the cam and introduce myself and explain why I should be chosen for the part. It may sound corny but I said the reason why I should be chosen for the part is because I believe in the youth and that the youth is the future of our country.

"Alam ko gasgas na masyado yung line." but I can't think of anything else to say during that time coming out of the office with not enough sleep and with nothing but coffee in my stomach that I think is a good enough answer. Hahahaha! By the way I really appreciate Tara for helping me find my way to the studio when I got to ABSCBN.

We (Uma Barum, Johan Ekedum, Ana Davilla, Jaypee Miguel, John Lozano, Aiza Marquez, and I) can't stop laughing while talking about what we did during the audition on our way to Greenbelt to watch a movie. We were supposed to watch "Blade Trinity" but the seats were all taken so we had to settle for this other movie called "Kung fu Hustle" which turned out to be unexpectedly good. After the movie we went to Music 21 at Jupiter, Makati and on our way there got ourselves into a small argument with a traffic enforcer caused by a hidden no U turn sign.

Anyway, I had a great time with my new and old friends. The only thing is, I'm here at work and I haven't slept all day plus I won't be out until 1PM later then have to prepare for my hosting job at Tomas Morato. Grrr!

1 comment:

Ayan said...

Hey Tara! Thanks again!

Recent Comments