7/9/08

Fuel prices affecting Manila Traffic

I don't know if it's just me but have you noticed how our traffic improved recently? I don't know if it's because of the fuel price increase that majority of Filipinos with cars opt to commute than use there cars to save money. I was on my way home after having coffee with my co-workers at Starbucks and I noticed that there are not too many vehicles on the road (that was around 1AM) along Buendia. Which is kinda odd because during that time traffic would be really bad. I also noticed more passengers are riding the LRT this afternoon going to the south from the north end of the station specially along the University Belt along Recto, Tayuman, and Quiapo. I heard there will be another increase on the jeepney, bus, and cab fare by Sunday! Sigh!

No comments:

Recent Comments