10/24/07

Glorietta Bombing

g7


I told myself I won’t post a blog about the Glorietta bombing but I can’t help it so here it is…

First of all, I would like to offer my condolences to the families and friends of the victims of the Glorietta bombing.

I got home from work around 10AM and decided to take a nap before getting ready for my flight to Boracay. I even remember Kris and Raven asking me if I wanna join them watch a movie in Glorietta or Greenbelt since our flight won’t be until 5:40 PM. I decided to stay in the condo and sleep for a bit since I was so tired and wanted to have enough energy for the travel. It was around 11AM when a friend texted me with only three words on it… “BOMB IN GLORIETTA” I remember replying to the text saying that the joke ain’t funny. I decided to brush it off and go back to sleep. Not until I woke up did I realize that my friend wasn’t joking.

Why is it that terrible things like this happen when there’s a big government scandal? Remember the LRT bombing? It happened during the Impeachment Trial of then President Erap.

I hope I’m wrong but I cannot help consider the possibility of the government creating such distractions to draw the attention of the people away from the existing controversies that Malacanang is facing right now. First the ZTE deal and now the bribery scandal where 190 congessmen and officials were given bags with cash ranging from Php200 to Php500 Thousand.

Why is it that there were no reports or warnings? Is our intelligence really that bad?

If so why are they so fast in issuing warnings or terror alerts or coup attempts last year?

What happened to all that training and assistance the AFP got from the US military?

I really hope I’m wrong… cause if I’m right the government should be accountable to those whose lives were lost from this tragedy.

No comments:

Recent Comments