Ever wondered why?
1. Why we still don't have a national ID system?
2. Why our voting system is still in the jurassic era?
3, Why we don't have a reliable railway system connecting Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao?
4, Why the rich gets richer and the poor get poorer?
5. Why we still have VAT after so many years (VAT was setup to augment the growing deficit in the national budget due to the incompetency of the BIR)?
6. Why not everyone has access to quality education?
7. Why there is still too much air pollution years after the Clean Air Act was passed?
8. Why Filipinos still dream of migrating elsewhere? Anywhere but here...
9. Why we have rice shortage when we are a rice producing country?
10. Why we have a problem with water supply given that our country is surrounded by bodies of water from the north, east, west, and south?
11. Why we have a high literacy rate and yet we have a high unemployment rate?
12. Why we don't have a solid industry that we can be proud of?
13. Why we have a high power generating cost when we have all the natural resources to lower them?
14. Why there's still deforestation everywhere when in fact we have laws protecting our forests from illegal loggers?
15. Why we pay taxes every payday and yet we don't see where these taxes go?
These are just some of the questions I can think of for now... it just makes me sad to think that we once had the second most active economy after Japan in Southeast Asia in the past and now we're at the bottom of the heap just above Vietnam and Cambodia.